Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MicroSoft Exchange Server 5.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

pmurphy

Technical User
Nov 9, 2001
US
Help. I have a user that needs a terminated user's profile but need to keep current user's mailbox. Can anyone help me?

CHange the NT account on the old mailbox to allow the new person to access it?

I have employees switching jobs. We terminated one, so it caused a domino affect. I've renamed the terminated employee's profile on NT to the person who is currently doing that job. They need to keep their own mailbox. Now I have someone else taking that person's job and needs their access, but also needs to keep their current mailbox.

thank

Okay, so you need certain people to be able to access more than one mailbox (ie their own, and an extra one as well)?

Leave the person with their own NT logon, with their own MAPI profile pointed to their own mailbox. Then, on the mailbox you also want that person to be able to access, add their NT logon to the Permissions tab of the mailbox (if you can't see a Permissions tab for the mailboxes you need to tick the option 'show a permissions page for all objects' in the Tools Options setting of your Exchange Admin).

That way, the user can then add the extra mailbox to their existing MAPI profile (in Outlook, Tools, Services, highlight Microsoft Exchange Server, click Properties, Advanced tab, Add button, select additional mailbox to add, then OK as many times as you need to close it) and access both mailboxes from Outlook.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back