Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Microsoft Excel Tutorial rcv'd Compile Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

NoITsavvy

Technical User
Jul 21, 2007
US
Hello,

Let me start by stating that I am not computer savvy at all! I was working in a Microsoft Office Excel Tutorial which I located on the Microsoft website. Once I left the site and tried to return, I am keep receiving a message box which states "Compile error in hidden module:Auto Exec new." When I click on the help menu, it states that the "module can not be displayed, compilation error can not be displayed because the project is protected." The directions instuct me to unprotect the project and run the code again to view the error. I have no idea what this means, please advise, so I can continue my tutorial and stop this message from popping up on my computer each time I log on and open a open a program. I welcome any suggestions!

It sounds like the software is not for Windows 2000. Go back the site where you got the software and check which systems it will run on.

The tutor file contains macros, they are in vba project (a part of the file) with password set. In this case you are not allowed to debug the code, the only thing excel can do is to inform you about it.
What you can do is to read ms requirements, it is likely that there are missing components, wrong office version etc. More help you can find in (vba) forum707.

combo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back