Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Microsoft Dynamics Componets- Need help with export

Status
Not open for further replies.

jesistar

MIS
Jan 7, 2003
US
let me say first that I am not familiar with this application - However I am being asked to assist with exporting documents (componets) from MDM - What I am looking for is how does one do that... There should be a datamap that I could use. We have 11,142 folders, I need to find out how many gigs it translates to and how each file is uniquely identified. I have looked at reverse engineering the import method but what I am missing here is the DB schema and how the metadata and files are stored. When exported in bulk i need to import them into my system and I need to be able to match the file with the metadata. The business is not giving me enough to match the files with the metadata .. Each file should have a unique identifier.. Can anyone tell what that is I am not seeing it in the metadata export the business if giving me. Is there a Primary Name filed that is unique to each individula file? Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back