Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Microsoft Clustering

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrfokker

MIS
Aug 27, 2007
US
This is first time setting up Commvault for Windows cluster support so here it goes. I have installed both the Idata agent for Windows on both physical nodes of the cluster. On both those nodes I have it backing up the physical drives of those two servers and on both have the backup system state selected (C:S:T: respectively). I had purchased the Virtual File System Idata agent and installed it on Virtual Server Active node and its passive node. I have backup schedule for the Virtual box that backs up its shared disk. The question I have is the Quorrum disk. Do I back this up on the physical client or as I am doing it now throught the Virtual server? The way I understand it that is really important data for the clustering operation and backs up during the System State backup which both my Physical nodes are set to do.

System state backup on either of the nodes will fix this.

The quorum isn't really a big deal as its pretty easy to recreate in the event of a disaster anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back