Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Microsoft Cloud Storage Usage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keyboy

Technical User
Aug 22, 2003
US
Hello,

I have been doing multiple desktop HD backups using several portable drives to cover all the possibilities. I have a large photo collection that may be better preserved if was in the Cloud. When W10 came along there was a free cloud storage offering which I have not used.

Hopefully there is someone her who is a proficient user and can answer my questions before I jump in and am disappointed.

Is the free storage still available?

Can the Cloud Software be set up to only back up selected folders?

Is there something like a Cloud for Dummies directions?

If I set up what I am thinking (ie back up the folder and subfolders that hold my Pictures) then here is another question. When I first take pictures I download them to my desktop and currently make a backup. Then I go through a standalone Photo Program which allows me to embed comments and also delete, rename (renumber) or rotate photos in my collection. Here is the question If I have my photos backed up to the cloud will the changes I make using my Photo Program be automatically changed in the Cloud data?

Hopefully the questions are clear to let you help me if not please ask.

Thanks in advance for your help and guidance!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back