Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Microsoft Certified

Status
Not open for further replies.

rawles

IS-IT--Management
Oct 7, 2011
US
i have been doing desktop/helpdesk support for about 10 yrs now; i never got any certifications, i learned and develop on the job; i want to move on but not sure what is my next step from helpdesk. any suggestions will be appreciated.

Thanks All!

Your next step could vary depending on your skillset. First, decide what you like to do (or think that you like to do). Is it internetworking? Server management? Application development? What kind of things that you've worked with over those ten years are you most interested in?

Once you have an idea what you would like to do then someone can provide you with some suggestions.

MCITP:Server Administrator
MCITP:Enterprise Administrator
MCITP:Virtualization Administrator 2008 R2
Certified Quest vWorkspace Administrator

it would be networking.

Thanks

If it's pure networking, you should look into the CCNA or CCNP Cisco certifications. If you're looking at Microsoft specific stuff, the MCITP cert around Windows Server would likely be sufficient.

Do you have your Tek-Tips.com swag? I've got mine! Pick some up at
Stop by the new Tek-Tips group at LinkedIn.

Thanks any books you recommend as i will try to do a self paced study

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back