Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Microsoft badmouthing Firefox after logging out of Hotmail

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 7, 2007
US
This is the web page I got after logging out of Hotmail in Firefox, which I only check maybe once per month (junk account). Guess Microsoft is sore that I'm using Firefox.

Included is some humor to make it worthwhile for you. Look for it.

untitled.jpg

Where's the Love? - I am asked. I seem to be using Chrome 16 (the last time I looked it was 13!), so I can't Pin the sites I love to my taskbar.
Never mind, The Register feels that Chrome is more secure than IE or FF.

Thank heavens they have got another cup. I can ask for mine back now.

I was wondering if anyone would bother to look for the humor. Thanks for making it worthwhile.

I just think it's kind of dishonest for Microsoft to say that. They're trying to fool average (non-geek) types into believing that they (oh my god) have to get a more secure browser and IE is for sure what they need.

That should be "below" what a reputable company would do since I don't think there is any proof that IE8 (maximum for XP) would be more secure than FF 8.0.

I'm still using Firefox 3.6. I know they are on ver.9 as of this post, but would 3.6 still be considered safe ? Or is it now wide open to malware, hackers, etc...

thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back