Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Microsoft Access 'not enough memory to perform operation' 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Linnybh

Technical User
Apr 3, 2002
US
okay, I have closed all programs, restarted my computer, shutdown, waited then turned on my computer, but when taking a table of 200 entries and trying to make labels in 'Reports' it reads me an error message that says, "Not enough memory to perform this operation. Close uneeded programs and try again" and yep, I did just what it said, I even tried going to another one of our computers, but recevied the same message. Any help would be extremely appreciated!

Need to feel you did your 'good deed' for the day? I freely hand out affirmations :) truly though, I would appreciate your help.

Lindsay [ponytails2]

Lindsay,

If your label report is only pulling information from one table you might want to create another database with just that table in it and see if you are able to run that label report then.

You may also want to check and see if virtual memory has been turned off if you are running a Windows 95 machine. You can check it by right clicking on My Computer and clicking on Properties. You will find it under the Performance tab. Make sure it is set for Windows to manage.

Let me know if these helped.
Chuck
tek-tips@aspenpkg.com

Have you checked for "growing room" for your swap file? Have you limited your swap file in any way? Is the hard drive compressed? Do you have a default printer selected? All may cause named symptom.

Kevin

thank you thank you! Chuck and Kevin, I appreciated your prompt replies... somehow it worked. I checked my virtual memory, it was turned on... so then I tried using just one table, and that seemed to work, thank you Chuck! you are a lifesaver! I hope you get to take a mountain biking trip soon! Bless you!

Kevin, I will check out my swap features if I get another error message like this next time.. thank you for your tip too!

Lindsay [ponytails2]

Lindsay,

Glad to hear your up and running! The mountain bike is ready and waiting [thumbsup2]

Chuck
tek-tips@aspenpkg.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back