Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Microsoft Access MDW Security file

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hap007

MIS
Mar 21, 2003
US
I am in the process of converting an MS Access project from Access 97 to a later version of MS Access

I know that MS Access 2000, 2002, 2003 all support the MDW security file.

My question, what was the last version of MS Access that supported the system.MDW file?

Seems MS Access 2007 does, but I would just like to have verification on that and any other tips if you have them.

Thanks,
Hap...

Access Developer [pc] Access based Accounting Solutions - with free source code
Access Consultants forum

Funny, I am in a similar scenario... Access 97 to 2010. It looks like Access 2010 can open the file ok but cannot make design chages rendering it about useless to me since I have to deal with faux security that disables the menubar or other commandbar. That is as far as I got in my test using the native mdb as I have to change code (your situation may differ).

In my scenario I converted from a 97 file to 2010 file.... I got the message about security being removed but I do not know if that means that non deault security was removed. In any case I do not have the ability to use an older version and I am Trying to figure out if this means Access security was defitely applied or just maybe. It is from a source that I am finding to not be as knowledgable as I would like. Perhaps you can create simple unsecured database and convert it and see if you get conversion errors? Sorry to hijack your thread partially but it sounds like you can find out what I need to know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back