Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Microsoft Access has encountered a problem and needs to close.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DonnaKK

Technical User
Jun 22, 2001
US
I have a database on a server that approximately 30 people use. One person is having the "MS Access has a problem..." when she tries to close a form (MS Access 2003 with SP2) with the following info:
AppName: msaccess.exe
AppVer: 11.0.6566.0
AppStamp: 42cdb33e
ModName: msjtes40.dll
ModVer: 4.0.9502.0
ModStamp: 44859905
fDebug: 0
Offset: 00006fc9

She is the only one having the problem. It works fine for everyone else so I don't think it would be a corruption problem in the database (I already did a compact/repair just in case). I had her to do the install/repair MS Access but didn't help. I even opened a new database & imported all & had her try the new one...she still had the same problem. What should I try next?

Hi Donna

I have no idea if this would be of any use at all.... but have you tried giving the user in question an mde file instead of an mdb, to see if the problem is resolved?

Just a long shot!

Max Hugen
Australia

G'day,

Upgrade the user to SP3, free from MS website

I problem persists, remove Access ENTIRELY. Do not repair

Reinstall Access and give her a go.

Still drama then post us the logic on close of the form - include the logic of the button to close the form, any after updte logic / on exit / on lost focus etc.

In fact for you a good thing may be to put break point in the code at the first line of the button used to close the form and then F8 through and identify which code is executed before access drops its guts.

Have a play and let us know...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back