Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Microsoft Access Capabilities

Status
Not open for further replies.

justlearning

Technical User
Jun 21, 2001
US
If I have a table that displays Customer, Customer No., Job No., Address, Location, Date Invoiced that is my main data source, and I want to be able to create a form that will have all of those fields present, and I want to be able to type in the Customer's name and have everything else belonging to that customer pop up in the indicated fields would I need to build a module in VBA to do it? Please let me know.

Thank You,
Ceci

Create a form with all your required info in.... Then in form design view make sure you are using a wizard (I know!!!) and select a combo box from the Toolbox..

When the first page of the wizard appears Select the bottom option (Find a record on my form based on.....)

Go through the process and select the field for your customers names .... This will then produce a drop down box where you can select any customer held in your table.... Making a selection from the drop down box will fill your form with the details of the selected customer

Hope this helps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back