Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Microsoft ACCESS Application Security

Status
Not open for further replies.

novice24

Technical User
Jun 20, 2001
US
Here is my problem. I have developed a custom application (i.e. Database with tables, forms, queries, macros...) I have set the Startup Dialog box to take a user into a specific set of forms, queries, listboxes, etc... when the application is opened. HOWEVER, a general novice user can use the depress "SHIFT" key to bypass the Startup Dialog box commands and go directly into the database.

Note: even though I have set all the tables, forms, queries,and macros to HIDDEN; a competent user can unset them all and do any manipulation he/she chooses.

QUESTION: Is there any way to set a password for the database that can be seamlessly/automatically identified for entry into the intial FORM called for in the Startup Dialog box; WHILE at the same time, if the depress "SHIFT" key entry into the database is attempted, the user will have to manually supply (key in) the password. Which hopefully only I will know.

Hope this is not too confusing. Remember my USERNAME is NOVICE24.

There is a FAQ on how to disable the shift key. Follow this link:

Remember that doing a search on keywords related to your problem is always faster than asking the same question again. Jonathan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back