Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Micros WS5A will not complete cal - CTUTIL missing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MicrosMikeM

Technical User
Jan 15, 2021
CA
Hi,
we have a workstation that seems to be missing the CTutil.exe from its workstation. Anyone seen this before?

We try to cal it to connect it to the manager computer and it goes right until the end and gives an error "Encryption Initialization Failed"
we check the 3700d log and see that the error was "CTUtil.exe has failed to launch" (CTUtil is our Client Trust Utilities)

Looked on the Server for the file on the WS5 and WS5a CAL folders, but they were there as part of the CAL process so it should copy down in theory?

I don't know how to manually copy over to the workstations or else i would just place my own copy there (i am remotely connected to it through VNCviewer)

tried recaling a few times but no change.

oracle support says check the oracle support page for resources but none say anything that i can see regarding missing ctutil utility on a workstation unless i am using wrong verbiage.

any advice would be greatly appreciated.

https://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=2f3b15a3-aa65-492d-908b-e9badf21c620&file=workstation.JPG
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back