Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Micros Workstation 610 64-bit OS BIOS and hardware drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

ransking

MIS
Sep 1, 2021
US
I purchased 2 Micros workstation 610's for my lab without any storage.
added a "Transcend 128GB SATA III 6GB/S Hsd370 Half-Slim Solid State Drive" to each one. and added memory bringing them to 8 GB
I was able to load windows 10 64 bit to one, but the other one would not load the 64 bit version. The one that did load the 64 bit version of windows has numerous items that it can not identify the proper drivers for.
I found that they have different bios versions
Phoenix W1300I IA32 01/25/2015
Phoenix 2.3.0.0 64
My questions is where can I find updated BIOS versions for them and where can I get the drivers? I do not have an oracle account

Hello,
yes, there are 32bit- and 64bit-Version of BIOS from Workstation 610 !
So, the 32bit BIOS Version can be installed with Windows 8.1 32bit!

But you can upgrade the BIOS Version to x64 UEFI, so you can install Win 10 IoT.

First you have to install Win8 with 32bit, then make the BIOS Update (from Oracle MOS or contact me) and after you are able to install win 10.

Oracle provides finaly images!

See MOS Portal:

28740423 MICROS Workstation 610 Windows 8.1 Image (Patch) 1.4.1.0 Microsoft Windows (32-bit) (American English) General MICROS Workstation 6
2+ years ago 7.3 GB Software

30258492 MICROS Workstation 610 Windows 10 (LTSB 1607) Image (Patch) 19.1.2.0 Microsoft Windows x64 (64-bit) (American English) General MICROS Workstation 6
2+ years ago 7.2 GB Software

32459440 MICROS Workstation 610 BIOS 1.3.2.0x86 / 2.3.2.0x64 (Patch) 2.3.2.0 Microsoft Windows x64 (64-bit) (American English) General MICROS Workstation 6
6+ months ago 5.3 MB Software

Contact me.

for information: the bios update patch can only installed with a running windows 8.1

Hi Marco. Thanks for the info. I don't have access or Oracle Micros downloads any more since I changed jobs. How do I go about getting the files?

you can upgrade the BIOS Version to x64 UEFI, so you can install Win 10 IoT.
Does anybody have a link for the bios files please

I have a Micros Workstation 6 which has been locked out of the bios because somebody changed the usb settings which means I cant use a mouse or keyboard to access it. Does anybody have the bios flash files so I can reflash the bios. Thanks

Hi all, greetings from Spain! Sorry to update this old post, but I'm interested in the BIOS for WS610 - 32459440 MICROS Workstation 610 BIOS 2.3.2.0x64 (Patch) 2.3.2.0 Microsoft Windows x64 (64-bit)

Does anybody have the link to download these files?

Thanks a lot in advance!

also of note, after updating BIOS, ws6 will not boot any 32bit OS, only 64bit. so be ready to load install media or boot to another drive.

I have upgraded more than a few of these using msata drives:

The msata port is accessible by removing the back cover (use a 1.5mm hex bit. screws do not come out completely. remove top sound bar, card swipe, loosen all hex screws, remove cover. msata port to use is the one closest to the older hard drive)

You could also use a MO-297 form factor drive, but those are harder to come by.

once windows 10 is installed, you will need a windows license.

RAM can also be upgraded to 8GB by adding 4GB to empty DIMM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back