Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Micros Tablet 720 MSR issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

SvenRizzo

IS-IT--Management
Aug 9, 2020
US
Hello,

I'm having an issue with the MSR on my tablet 720 (Micros 3700 5.7). Ops won't recognize card swipes of any kind. No errors are thrown on the screen. It's as if it's just disabled. I know the reader works as you can collect data from cards using the MST OPOS Test Program. Does anyone know of a setting somewhere to make sure Ops is enabling the MSR or known issues with drivers or settings? It's running Windows 10 Micros Tablet version.

In EMC, select Property, Setup, Hardware/Interfaces, Workstations, and then Devices.
In the Peripheral Device Configuration section, click Add.
For Select Peripheral Device Type, select OPOS Mag Stripe Reader.
For Configuration, enter IDTECH_SECUREMAG_USBHID
Click OK, and then Save.

For RES Add the OPOS MSR Reader with the same Name IDTECH_SECREMAG_USBHID under Workstation Peripherals.

Thank you POSKitchen. I could only find the manual for Simphony and didn't even occur to me that I had to add the peripheral.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back