Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Micros SOAP/XML Data Structures

Status
Not open for further replies.

c0mrade

Technical User
Jun 9, 2018
LB
Can anyone direct me to Micros documentation that describes the SOAP or XML interface to the MDS Http service?", this question was already asked by a user a long time ago. What I am trying to do is essentially print from the Micros Server to any printer that I want. So if I have one Micros Server and 5 POS machines each with a printer connected to it, I'll have an application that will let the user to enter some text, select a printer and it'll print. The POS printers are connected to the POS machines through a serial RS232 cable to a serial/COM port and on each POS machine there's OPOS software. In order to do that I started digging on how the hell does the server print to a printer that uses a serial port. So I've setup wireshark in a test environment and indeed the POS machines run a SOAP service, the Micros server POSTs to that service some soap/xml with the needed info. I looked into full TCP traces and I started to think that if I recreated and change things in it I can totally do that. Did anyone ever work with this because there are some parameters and things in the soap request that I don't fully understand and know how to handle. Like the print Job ID, it has to be a unique sequence every time and it increments (I know I can programmatically use a large rand value but that's not reliable and professional since two matching job IDs will result in an error).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back