Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Micros Simphony v2.8 - Adding Employee's 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

hosehead78

Technical User
Mar 15, 2012
US
I've created a new Simphony server, Windows 2008 R2, MS SQL Server 2008 R2. The purpose of this server is to familarize myself with Simphony, I am currently on Micros 9700 v4 and consider myself an expert (going on 10+ years of experience), however, 9700 is going to be dead in a few years so I wanted to get myself some experience with Simphony before we switch over. Just wanted to give this info as an FYI. So this is a Test/Lab Server.

I've got v2.8 installed and up and running, no issues that I have ran into yet, however, with the exception of this. I am in the process of creating Employees, I have my SuperRole (created during installation), and a newly created Site Expert Role (mimics SuperRole). I am using the SuperRole account for now, as I am trying to get the new Admin account created. This is where my issue is. I've gone through the Micros guide and tried creating a User based on its suggestion, however, when I get to 'Add Employee Record by Template' ( all my options are grayed out, regardless of the Drop down optioned selected. Any thoughts as to why this?

On another note, I've been able to create and setup an RVC, a couple Workstations, Zone parameters, RVC properties/parameters and such and a few other things, so no worries here. I've also updated the License and property parameters and security with no issues.

Do you have myLabor enabled? If you look in Property Parameters>Timekeeping 'Use mylabor' needs to be unchecked otherwise you can only add employees through the Reporting and Analytics/mymicros.

Yep, that was it. Bloody Brilliant, wouldn't have though about that. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back