Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Micros Simphony v19.5 - Cash Drawer Options (USB or Cash Drawer Pops when connected to a printer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BJPeroutka

Systems Engineer
Jan 10, 2023
US
I recently upgraded 21 Micros Workstation 650 registers to Micros Simphony v19.5. This included a complete reimage of Windows 10 (Company Win10 Image) - and an upgrade of SQL Express from v2012 to v2022.
I also have 6 PC's running Micros v19.5 - but these locations do not take cash - so no cash drawer required.

Oracle has yet to introduce a Windows 11 Solution for Micros and because our WS650 machines are going on 5-years old, and I am not sure if they can even run Win11 - I am looking for other options.

Previously looked at an ALL-in-One DELL PC with Touchscreen - but at the time, could not figure out how to connect the cash drawer. Original Cash Drawers have an 8-pin connection and when upgrading to Workstation 650 models, used same drawer with an 8-pin converter cable/dongle.

I know that you can connect your cash drawer to your receipt printer - so I imagine I will need cash drawers that have an RJ11 or RJ12 connector to make that connection to the printer. I've never done this, not sure how to - if it is a good option, etc...

BUT - an All-in-One is going to be a standard PC with USB ports. Is there any way within Oracle EMC to configure a USB Port connected Cash Drawer?

Anyone try it? Anyone ever thought of going the route of an All-in-One PC?

With All-in-One PC's, we will be covered under Dell Warranty and not have to worry about proprietary restrictions with Oracle Workstation only equipment.

Also looking for a way to make system rebuilds easier. I noticed out on the Simphony Portal - there is a Clone Config option. I've made 1 image file but have not played with it (screenshot attachced). Has anyone used this yet? With nearly 30 Micros Workstations - I'd like to find a way to quickly get a machine back up and running if I have to swap it out due to failure. Curious if anyone else has a quick turn-around solution they use. This is mainly a concern for my single register locations. If their register was to crash, it would take me a good 5-7 hours to completely reimage a spare named the same as the crashed machine, install Micros from scratch, and upgrade to get current with v19.5 and SQL Express v2022.

Thanks - Brian P. University of Wisconsin Hospitals & Clinics

https://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=0b233166-6b36-4110-9fd1-af084a395684&file=2023-12-21_16_36_34-ShellDatabase_-_Portal_and_4_more_pages_-_Work_-_Microsoft?_Edge.png
usb connection cash drawer is ok.
becase i has used it.
the way is send print commad to printer. so, through print you can control cash drawer that active open,according to check amount.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back