Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Micros Simphony on Windows 11 - has anyone tried yet??

Status
Not open for further replies.

BJPeroutka

Systems Engineer
Jan 10, 2023
US
Our organization is ramping up our Windows 11 discussions.

I am currently running Simphony on 20 - WS650 machines and have 6 sites running Simphony on PC’s – no cash drawers and no customer display at these 6 locations. We use our own Win10 company image and I build Micros on top of that (currently running v19.5.0.0.342).

Oracle does not yet have a Win11 Micros Solution – I’ve been asking for over 6-months now with no solution in site.

I’d like to look at using an All-In-One Win11 PC with touchscreen to eliminate the WS650 machines that are not able to run Win11.

2 Issues

1: Will Micros v19.5.0.0.342 run on Windows 11? Haven’t had time to try it so not sure. Has anyone tried installing on a Win11 machine?
2: What about Cash Drawer and Customer Display on a PC? There are USB options for both out there, but how do I get them assigned in Micros EMC?

Thanks

Stay with Win10. Use virtual machine + ipad + rdp
Use Win10 LTSC, do not use Win10 Pro. Windows update is annoying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back