Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Micros Simphony Kitchen Ethernet Printer will not print

Status
Not open for further replies.

BJPeroutka

Systems Engineer
Jan 10, 2023
US
I am trying to setup a Micros Simphony v2.x - Oracle Hosted - Ethernet Kitchen Printer - all other register receipt printers are setup as IDN & physically connected to their own Workstation 6 Register - this is my first IP Printer on the system. I have an IV Ethernet Card in the printer and was able to change the IP Configuration on the card. Using a browser, I can remote connect to the IP/Printer so the IP configuration is correct. Epson TM-T88v Epson Printer.

To test the Ethernet setting, I swapped the primary printer from the WS6 to my Ethernet Printer - made it the default receipt printer - and my receipt printed. What I need this printer to do however is print a CHIT for the order being placed and it will not print.

I used the instructions below to configure this printer. Something somewhere is not set to print this CHIT and I'm not sure what else to check or where?

We want to use this printer with a new MENU option in Micros for Grain Bowls. When a customer orders a bowl, the cashier can select the items the customer wants in that bowl (brown rice, beans, guac, onions, etc), and we want this IP printer to print a CHIT listing those items in the FoodPrep area. NOTHING prints on this printer upon completion of the sale. Not getting any error messages on the register. I assigned the printer in Order Devices in EMC, added the printer to the Condiment Sets where the Bowls were built, and setup in Order Devices.

If anyone has a Kitchen IP Printer setup like this and can assist, I would certainly be grateful for an extra set of eyes to help me see what it is that I might be missing. It's got to be something simple, I am just not seeing it. THANKS - Brian P. University of Wisconsin Hospital & Clinics - Madison, WI[/b]

is you print class configured good , and your order device is good configured , than you need to check the menu item class is it linked with good print class or not

Please check you printclass and orderdeivce.

If you need any help, may be we can remote to check it.

Make sure you have selected the output order device in print class and order device redirect was selected as well in order device.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back