Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

[Micros Simphony] ISL / SIM - Trailer & Order Devices

Status
Not open for further replies.

nomed

Programmer
Dec 17, 2011
IT
Simphony does not have the secondary items feature.

I need to notify to preparation areas, involved in that particular round , that they have to wait items from a different order device.

The idea was to use a "TRAILER" and to add the items from other order devices.

Any idea of how to do that with a sim script ?

I dont' see how to find the order device of an item .

Can you clear this up for me a little?
What are you meaning by secondary item, are speaking of a Condiment of a Menu Item?
Do you have a "4 course" Menu Item setup to request the type of items to be ordered and then fired?

So, the "4 Course" asks for: Appetizer, Salad/Soup, Entree, Dessert?
So, you want the Appetizer order to go to Device A, Salad/Soup = Device B, Entree = C and Dessert = Device D. But you want Device B to have a wait period?

The 3700 has a "print secondary menu items" feature. You enable it on whatever order devices you want to participate. When an order prints, the items will go to their assigned printers, but each printer will also show the other items on the check in a smaller font. I've used this in locations with a sushi bar on the dining floor to let the kitchen know that there are sushi items on the check.

This is illuminating

pmegan said:
The 3700 has a "print secondary menu items" feature. You enable it on whatever order devices you want to participate. When an order prints, the items will go to their assigned printers, but each printer will also show the other items on the check in a smaller font. I've used this in locations with a sushi bar on the dining floor to let the kitchen know that there are sushi items on the check.

didnt know we can do that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back