Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MICROS Simphony doubts

Status
Not open for further replies.

f4rid

IS-IT--Management
Mar 7, 2017
VE
Hey all!

I've been reading about new restaurant POS systems, since I need more mobility in my restaurant and need to add some tablets and RES3700 doesn't seems pretty stable for tablets.

Does Simphony provides that mobility that RES3700 doesn't?

Also, I always thought Simphony was only a cloud based POS, but I'm reading that it can be installed on a local server? In that case, does any of you guys can share the installers? And could I be able to port my 3700 DB to Simphony?

Thanks you guys for the answers!

hi yes with new simphony you can have android and windows based tablet , unfortunatly its not easy to setup , and you cannot export your 3700 database to simphony you have to do a new installation , if you want a demo you can contact me and we can setup a demo for you ,
Cherif@workmanpaymentsystems.com

the mTablets from Oracle totally suck, when a merchant asks us about tablets, we recommend touch dynamic tablets, specifically these: it uses the same cal loader as a workstation 6
using them for pay at the table is tricky if you have an emv solution, but if you're just taking orders with them, they work pretty well. you'll need a pretty strong wireless network

That'll be nice Cherif. Do you have telegram so I can send you a message?

Choof, is it lightweight? It's pretty tedious all the time that it take to load the CAL on Windows.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back