Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Micros SIM development 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

IndexRobert

Vendor
Mar 23, 2006
NL
Hi All,

we are developing a new product for fine dining restaurants and finished our development for Aloha. We now would like to integrate with Micros and found that the SIM scripting is most likely the best way to get this working. However, I can't seem to find anything on this. I spoke to our local Micros dealer, but he has no clue and forwarded me to corporate. Before I go there I want to have done my homework and know all there is to know about this subject.

My questions are:

- Is there a licensing fee for us as a developer company to get an SDK or is SIM scripting public?
- Is there documentation on SIM script development?

Thanks for anybody that can shine some light on this.

SIM scripting doesn't require a licensing fee, but the closest thing to an SDK you're going to get is the guide from RitwickGupta's dropbox. Micros doesn't really help 3rd party SIM developers much. Makes sense since they'd be helping their professional services department's competition. You will have to pay a licensing fee, and a hefty one, if you want to use the Micros API to run transactions on the system from a 3rd party, like an integrated online ordering product. Also, if your product is going to use dll's or transmit/receive messages with another server, your customer may have to purchase a SIM license for their system, but those are only a few hundred dollars.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back