Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Micros / Shift4 EMV Solution

Status
Not open for further replies.

FreeSoldier

Technical User
Dec 10, 2013
US

Hi All,

We are currently looking at upgrading our current Micros 3700 installation to an EMV solution.
Our current Micros Rep has recommended Shift4. Anyone is using them ? Any pros/cons ?
Any other provider that we should consider for EMV? Any feedback will be much appreciated.

Cheers
FreeSoldier

We have used Eigen for 4 years or so at all our locations with 3700 integration. No issues after the first initial bugs. Very happy with them. Not sure if they service all the US yet.

We're going through Merchant Link via the caOPI driver. Nice part is that it integrates into the batch utility. The OPI runs on Java though which is pretty annoying.

Currently in the same boat as OP, Im looking into eigen, and Paygistics. Both are strong contenders, Eigen is OPI compliant, which is a big plus for them where as in my case the alternative (paygistics) is not. In your case I believe Shift4 is also OPI compliant. In my opinion the only down side to eigen so far is the feeling that im leasing my car rather then buying it. The upfront costs are low because the recurring monthly fees are high. To answer Wildbar's comment they do indeed service the US.

Edit: Spelling

The Paygistix solution by Payment Logistics can be configured to remove the POS system from the cardholder data environment and therefore remove it from the scope of PCI DSS compliance. It includes real-time online access to a transaction management portal (gone are the days of having to call someone to recover a dropped authorization), and it supports pay at the table, mobile checkout and mobile ordering at the table. It's developed and supported in-house by the Payment Logistics team. It also costs a fraction of what the other solutions cost.

Click here for information on the core Paygistix EMV solution

Click here for Pay at the Table information

Click here to learn about the PayLink mobility platform that allows a patron in a restaurant to retrieve their check from their mobile device, order, split, tip and pay, without wait staff assistance. It also enables wait staff to open a guest check from their mobile device and take orders without having to make trips back and forth to the Micros RES POS system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back