Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Micros RES3700

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 1, 2004
US
I've been working with this POS for restaurants. I would like to know a good source of information for training in installation, configuration and troubleshooting of the server and clients. Are there any websites that offer this information. It seems to me that there is a little of inconsistance with Micros that do not work the same as other regular software. I would like to find out the tricks for them.

Some of the things are:

Server maintenance and upgrade. My hardware was the basic and HP with about 500 Mhz and 128 ram. I upgraded the ram and it will only let me go up to 512.

Restoring a crashed PWS on windos 95. It is asking me for a missing .dll at startup

**** This is the main problem I would like an advise for:

When getting server's reports the stations lock up!!! It is frustating. I have to reboot the machine in order to get the report, even sometimes the server! Even micros support could not get rid of the problem.

One more thing I would like to know is what can I do to maintain my server working like a clock. Can I install maintenance software like norton system works, diskeeper.

If you are familiar with this platform, please contact me I would like to learn more about this system.

Thank you in advance.

We have Diskeeper installed on two of the 3 servers. I have both installed at one location and on the EM server.

The workstation that crashed. Did you Ghost it from another workstation or install Win95?

Thanks

Doug

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back