Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

[Micros] RES table object default touchscreen

Status
Not open for further replies.

regilobo

Programmer
Aug 18, 2003
US
RES 5.1

I recently replaced a WS5a with a spare (Win32 client), and now the screen that the user is directed to when they use a Table Object is different than any other workstation.

Same RVC, same user, and same sequence of keypresses results in a different order screen.

[UWS NORMAL]
Sign In User 123
Select Table Object
Displays Entree SLU

[UWS BAD]
Sign In User 123
Select Table Object
Displays older/unused screen

This is particularly confusing since the the UWS and RVC TS settings are the same and the default transaction screen is a Dining Object screen with tables. It is only once the Table Object button is pressed that the behavior is different.

Picking up a check from an Open Check SLU screen does the right thing and displays the Entree SLU when a check is selected.

I've been banging my head against this for awhile and would be grateful for any ideas.

Check the User Workstation default touch screens. Since you went from a CE client to a Win32 client, you must have created a new device.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back