Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MICROS (RES/Simphony) Transaction Services API Closing PMS Interface bug 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

AKPesapal

Programmer
Aug 12, 2021
KE
Hi all,

There is a well-known problem when using the MICROS Transaction Services API, in that when checks are closed using this method the outgoing PMS interfaces are not triggered.

Has anyone come up with a clever workaround to this, perhaps using ISL scripts, some sort of other API (like the Simphony Extension Application API), or any form of trigger that will cause checks to close and the PMS interfaces to work?

Even if someone has a theoretical idea that *just might* work I would be grateful to hear it.

I saw a hack whereby you print to the journal (or any printer really) when the API performs actions by giving the API a specific printer.

You can then add an '@@' header/trailer to the specific receipt template(s) which would then trigger SIM functionality.

Hi,
I can only answer about Simphony and this is possible (I have configured it in my lab environment)

1) You have to configure the loadablePMS module and Opera driver

2) In EMC, Create a tender media that doesn't use the SIM interface (Interface Link = NONE, disable option "USE ISL TMED Procedure instead of PMS interface and "Enh IFC - Room Charge" in Data Extensions tab)

3) create the TS payload as explained here

SIM won't be involved at any time, TS api will replicate the same flow of PATT room charge, so if you can post with PATT, TS will be able too (

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back