Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Micros Res 5.0 / WS4's - Can't Reopen Checks

Status
Not open for further replies.

charliescarface

Technical User
Feb 10, 2013
US
I'm probably not providing enough information but transitioning from Res 3 to Res 5 I've found that I cannot reopen a check to edit errors. These are same-day transactions. From the Function screen I select re-open check and then at the pop-up swipe a managers card for authorization. The key panel opens to enter the four digit check number. After keying the number and touching enter the screen goes back to the menu items/main screen.

Employee class options selected include: Guest Checks>Guest Check Control>reopen closed checks, void reopened menu item, void reopened discount, void reopened service charge.

Revenue Center>RVC Transactions>Checks/Receipts>allow menu item void on closed check.

Again, I'm sure I left out some valuable clues so I'll consider this a starting point.

Thanks in advance.

Are you getting any kind of error message at all?

Have you checked your touchscreen button has the right function assigned to it?

Are you using the.. fast transactions? is what I think it is called? I recall there is something like that which prevents you from editing checks, which is usually only enabled when you are using Dynamic Order Module.. Mode.. w/e its called.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back