Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Micros RES 5.0 vs 5.4 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

charliescarface

Technical User
Feb 10, 2013
US
Where can I find a detailed list of improvements and fixes made with RES 5.4? I'm on 5.0 and am considering the upgrade.

Thanks in advance.

Have you contacted your Account Manager or the Local Micros Office and asked for the White pages on it?

Moregelen - When you say it's free are referring its price if under an MSA or to something I might not be aware of?

Thanks for your insight.

What I mean is that if you are licensed for 5.0, there is no cost associated with the installation of the patch; dot releases are not considered an upgrade. It costs the dealer labor only. I don't know about the dealership you're working with, but my own dealership will typically provide these patches for free, assuming it is needed (fixing something broken, adding a new tablet, etc).

Another big one.. support for Point to Point encryption via the micros gateway (merchantlink).

Moregelen - I'm under the impression that I only get upgrades (I pay cost of labor) if I purchase an annual MSA agreement from my dealership.

Again, unsure how the company you work with is, but dot releases are included in the initial licensing. I could be wrong of course, but it doesn't require additional licensing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back