Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Micros RES 3700 with windows 8 and OPOS printers

Status
Not open for further replies.

erivasp

IS-IT--Management
Jul 11, 2014
MX
Hi I'm trying to make work an HP tablet with W8 SO with MICROS RES 3700. I have two issues: The first one is, when i configured and install the CAL and run de appstarter it put in green led the "waiting the MSDShostfile" but it sets yellow the "POS Operations". Ive read something about it and I find that I dont have the UWSSeq key in my registry. If I delete the parameter UWSSeq from "appstarter.config" it runs. what is the function of this UWSSeq parameter?.

The second issue is that i have a network communications failure when I try to print, if I make the local checkhealt it connects and prints OK. I have this escenario in win7 and it works fine but in win8 doesnt. I think that server can´t access to the local OPOS and sends this error.

can you give me some ideas please???

Thanks in advance

Not if it works like that in version 4.9 is the use.

When he gives me that error, just delete the file called MDSHost this in the \MICROS\Common\Etc, reboot the server and then the POS and ready.

Better instead to eliminate rename file.

I hope you find it useful

Scorpionjr09, thank you for your answer but... wich error did you solve the start pos error or the printer error??..

Best regards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back