Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Micros Res 3700 trying to show more orders on kitchen KDS screens

Status
Not open for further replies.

MicrosMikeM

Technical User
Jan 15, 2021
CA
Hi,
I have recently tried to adjust my number of Chits per KDS to add more items on screen due to increase in delivery options and not having enough space on the KDS.
i used to have 5 Chit columns. I set it to 7 and shrunk my order type font and menu items font to 10.

Can anyone tell me if i can make the CHK# and timer on the top of the receipt and employee number and name at the bottom of the screen also smaller so its not so large?
Capture_kux36j.jpg

Capture_i7q4yr.jpg

Thanks for your assistance.

Is there a benefit to you using that display layout? You lose 1/2 the real estate of your screen. What is the physical size of your display monitor and what setting is your display set at? Set properly you should be able to see 15 - 30 chits depending on the size of the orders

There is no display layout that we have to use. Its just what we have used since going solo from Micros Support, its what they used on our environment from conception.
are you aware of how to shrink the sections i still have large and / or have a different way to display?

You are using a 2 panel display. So are two cooks/stations/expo using one display to read orders? We like Display Layout 1 Chit Standard, one panel per screen. You can then go into your actual screen resolution and change the monitor display resolution while also changing the Chit Columns or your KDS display until you come up with something that works for you and is still readable. Hope this helps

I have my Device set up with no complains for 15 years
Display Type Expo
Display layout 14 List-Std-OT
Rows 1 Panels 1
Serpetine Mode TSR

Font size override
Order type 18
Menu Item 18

If you have many delivery orders, chances are you may want future orders setup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back