Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Micros RES 3700 Server New Install -License issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

mxap

Vendor
May 11, 2005
US
I was able to install Micros RES 3700 5.4 MR1 Gen 2 Successfully On Windows 7 Pro Virtual Machine.
I was also able to restore the data from current micros server.
I just cannot figure out the license issue.
How do I transfer the current 5.4 MR1 license to this new server?
Any help or hints or tips will be highly appreciated.
Thank you all.

NEW Manager:
Please see attached New License Manager screen shot and
LicenseManager-NEW_t4bm8e.jpg
also see the current Micros License screenshot.

CURRENT MANAGER:
LicenseManagerCURRENT_jfqz5o.jpg

One more additional note:
The Current micros server shows License manager version as: 5.4 MR2, Build: 5.4.0200.2470,
The New micros server License manager shows: 5.4 MR1, Build: 5.4.0100.2276
I tried to look for to download 5.4 MR2, but cannot find this MR2 for life of me.
thanks everyone.

If you upgrade till 5.4 MR3, you will not need any license. It will be license free.

After Res 5.4 MR2, you can use just enable to click module what you need. This version and above, licence is keyless.

Thank you both.
Where can i get MR2 from? I csnnot seem to find that.
Thanks again.

You can download to last release version (Res 5.5) on
If you want download just 5.4 MR2 you should to login at https:\\support.oracle.com You can find all file Patches/Updates links.

etokatli,
thanks but that link, https:\\support.oracle.com will not let me go ahead as it is asking for "support Identifier".
Any other ideas, please?
thanks

Maybe a silly question but did you move over the software key dongle?

Wildbar,
No, where can I find that? If you talking about the hardware dongle which connects to Printer port, there is none on a current system.
thanks again,

After looking at your screen shots your current setup looks like it your current manager setup is not looking for the physical key. It might have had the license patch run on it.

Everyone,
Etokatli's MR2 solution worked.
thank you all for help.
really appreciated.
thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back