Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Micros RES 3700: POS Configurator Employees Tab

Status
Not open for further replies.

michaelwulff

IS-IT--Management
Oct 30, 2019
US
Hello,
At my restaurant we have an issue where if we log into the POS configurator everything works except for the employees tab. An error message pops up saying "you do not have security access rights for this action" We are the property experts so it is very odd that we are unable to edit such information.. Please give me advice of what I should do!!

This is a very bad time for us to have this happen considering we just hired new staff and we cant even add them to our POS system!

Thank you,
Michael

Login to psconfig, configurator access, find the employee tab and make sure you are set for all access. Check back office classes and make sure you are set for all access. Are you sure your logged in as property expertÉ

I just tried that. Went to employee class and it showed that property expert has access to all forms, The back office class is grayed out. I even tried logging into every account that we have including the owners, still does not work.

Do you use Human Resources add on or has someone tried to license it? maybe check in dbisql that permissions are linked correctly.

Is there anyway you could tell me the steps on how to do that?
Thanks!

Employees Tab:

Employees - “ "you do not have security access rights for this action"

Employees Classes- Opens

Back office classes - Greyed Out

Configurator Access - opens, screen attached below

Jobs- "you do not have security access rights for this action"

Time & Attendance - "you do not have security access rights for this action"

Time Clock Schedule - opens

Overtime Levels- "you do not have security access rights for this action"

5E9A60AE-8693-4974-A354-4F9ACC3D776E_oumgv7.png

Check your privilege level in Employee classes, Privilege levels. Property expert should be all level "3"

They all are! That is why this issue is really confusing to all of us here!
-Michael

open license manager under the run type licmanager then hit enter go to then go to then check to see if human resources is licensed

image_hmijky.png

dbisql look at property expert in;
select * from micros.emp_class_def
and
select * from micros.emp_def
where emp_class_seq='1'

Look for anything that does not look correct and update

Maybe you fired yourself??

PS...do you not have any manager clasess that have access? Your screen shot only shows a property expert...which is kinda weird.

PSS...have you every been able to access the employee tab? Are you licensed?

I will check this tomorrow, since I am not at the restaurant currently.

Anyways, we were able to always edit this information until the beginning of October. Our accountant was changing the hourly rates for some of our staff and then the next day or two we noticed that this error message pops up.

Is there a way to tell if we are licensed or not. there are some green checks and red x's (HR and Payroll preprocessing is a green check).

For some reason we only see the property expert information under the account:
The classes we have are Property Expert, Manager, Server, Hosts (hosts sell giftcards and that's all), and timecard only (for the kitchen, bussers, etc.)

If you are licensed for Human Resources (you say green check mark) you want to open Human Resources to add people. Look for in start, Micros Applications, Enterprise Office, Human Resources Throw a short cut on your desk top. If you still cant get it working can look at tomorrow. Sometimes the link breaks between the two. Last reboot was when?

I opened human resources the other day, all it did was open to a white screen and did nothing, Do you know why it would do that?

Saturday (Today is Wednesday)
The terminals completely froze so I had to reboot the entire system to fix it

Any luck? Can you try opening human resources on another computer or workstation?

So sorry that I did not reply sooner!!! We ended up contacting Oracle and they fixed it... It took a really long time, all the accounts were locked out (including theirs!)

It is all set now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back