Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Micros res 3700 older reports appear with no figures but only the different subtitles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crespo

IS-IT--Management
May 8, 2019
UG
Hello guys, I need help. Am in position to see reports that are recent like for example within the month, but when I try generating reports like one year back, the reports will only show the subtitles with no figures to any of the selected dates. I request to be helped

You will need to give us a lot more information about your data and the contents of your reports. We don't know anything about yor application, your environment or your database.

Also, what do you mean by "subtitles".

Mike

Visual FoxPro articles, tips and downloads

Then it looks like the database archives or even deletes data from last year. Perhpas in an End-of-Year procedure.
Are there instructions? Perhaps something telling you to get back to archived old data to be able to do reports on iit?

It's quite common to never delete any data today, but even with 2GB you get to its limits over longer periods of time, perhaps, and if that's old software it's likely to save every byte possible.

Chriss

As far as I looked Micros res 3700 is a POS system (including hardware, perhaps) that has an SQLAnywhere backend. And while Sybase did Advantage Database Server to incorporate VFP features, it's not a Foxpro topic.

You have a backup and restore feature. If you never used it and now don't find older data, at least it would be a good incentive to make use of this feature of the software in the future.

Chriss

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back