Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Micros RES 3700 Modify Total Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

JazzBeatles

Technical User
Dec 11, 2006
US
Hey again all, I just force closed a check that had the Check Detail Read Failure error and obviously it posted towards our totals. We'd normally report it as a shortage, but my AD wants me to credit back the total of the ticket and forgive the shortage. I told him no problem in haste, not actually knowing the command to modify the total, or credit back the amount to the system. I'd like to impress him and accomplish this.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

If you don't feel comfortable posting the command in public, I can be reached at ihop1359@acgtexas.com.

Thanks again in advance for any help rendered.

What POS system are you using? What Model, version?
The "Check Detail Read Failure" sounds like the Micros 2700 system. If you need to perform a credit you could simply do voids and pay the "negative" check off to the proper tender.
I don't why a credit is necessary thou, if Micros terminals cannot read check details then you have a communication issue between terminals.

We're using Micros RES 3700 v3.2 SP7 hf5.

We've been having intermittent connectivity issues, but one of the checks, when we attempted to access it, gave the Check Detail Read Failure, and would subsequently crash the system. I force closed the check dialing in interactive SQL. For liability purposes, negative totals cannot be posted. I'm sure there are a number of easier, and creative ways to credit back the total to the system on the front-end, but at the moment, I'm acting in a supportive IT capacity for my Area Director, and have only back-end access. I could approach the resident unit manager and see if he can do something, but I'm being asked to forgive the total, since the ticket was re-rung.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Sorry but I don't believe what your requesting can be done thru the BOH. In my experience, all credits must go thru the FOH. When used, credits must be properly set up so that they can occur when needed BUT ownership is aware of;

1. who authorized them (Finger Print ID is best)
2. when they occured (audit trails)
3. why they occured (voids reasons)
4. Server#,check#,table#

If your POS system can't track credits (in great detail) I could understand why they are not allowed but I believe the 3700 has the abilities described above.

The problem here is that the check got corrupted after the sales were rung in and before it was tendered. I think TobeThor is right; there isn't a BOH method in Micros to take care of this that I know of.

When one of our stores has a ghost check, I usually have them ring in a negative version of the check just like Thor suggested. There wasn't a tender on the original, so I force it closed as if it were a ghost check.

Just out of curiosity, what are you using to keep track of debits and credits? Most 3rd party accounting software has a way to do this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back