Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Micros RES 3700 - Anyone know if it's possible to modify or remove the "SERVICE CHG" line

Status
Not open for further replies.

ray.davis

IS-IT--Management
Oct 20, 2023
CA
I've got a request from one of our restaurants to change or remove the "SERVICE CHG" line that appears on the bottom of the checks when a service charge has been applied to it. The reason is because they need it to show the % amount so I gave the service charge a print class so it'd appear on the checks, but now it shows twice on the check (the named service charge under the menu items, along with the static "SERVICE CHG" total at the bottom). This results in guests sometimes thinking they're getting double-charged for the service charge due to it showing twice.

I've attached a sample check showing the section I'm referring to. Does anyone know if it's possible to rename this line to something like "18% SERVICE CHG" or remove it altogether?

https://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=734ebc77-4ef5-455e-a0ed-4b72e7fd2532&file=Check.png
As far as I remember, you do not have the option of not printing it since it is the sum in case more than one Service Charge is applied.

I checked in my lab and I only saw the option to print it before or after the tax total but not the option to not print it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back