Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Micros POS Customer Receipts

Status
Not open for further replies.

brokem

Technical User
Mar 5, 2001
US
I need some assistance in changing our customer receipts. In Micros the printout displays the entire name and account number. Folks are getting jumpy about this since 9/11 and fear that some dude(tte) may may some unauthorized missle or rifle purchases.

I am vagely familiar with the coding and have played with it a bit but with no positive results and our support system is a bit unresponsive as a third party vendor and we are a bit remote here on the Big Island of Hawaii.

What version of Micros are you running? If it is 8700 I can probably help.

There is a bit setting on the 8700 i believe its under system parameters or revenue center parameter under credit card where you can turn this off. its the same with the 3700 and 9700.

I am new here and not sure how this works. I have a Micros 8700 and need to make the change to mask the customers credit card number on the receipt. Did you get an answer to this problem? Any info would be a big help.

Thanks,

Chris

I'm new to this forum and this question might have been answered already. But if not:

1. Go into the Revenue Center Parameter for each Revenue Center.
2. Go down to Credit Authorization/EDC Option Codes.
3. Activate bit #16 "Do Not Print Credit Card Info on Guest Chk & Cust Receipt".

Hope this helps,

Tom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back