Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Micros Operationg giving Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

smartyj

IS-IT--Management
Nov 28, 2017
KW
Hi
micros ver 5.5 MR3
Micros using in Call center for delivery orders, in same server we have more then 20 clients some win32(Delivery Dispatch) some winCE (Sending order)
all working fine except 1 client this client giving error "Access Violation" and close operation its happens many time during the day
We change client to normal PC, WS6 also
tried using Windows 10, Windows 7
all have same issue
Error screen shot has been attached

http://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=a9fb3a15-b416-4f41-aad8-29fab9086356&file=error.PNG
I would suggest you create a new client in poscfg and mimic another workstations that you know is working with the same settings (all options the same) the re-run call and test if that works. it sounds like the way this workstation is configured in POSCFG is causing the error and not the type of client os. or grab another workstation that you know is currently working and re-run cal and make it the client that is having the problem. if the problem follows the workstation name then we know is a combination of settings on the client.

Curious what you are using for your server software? And how many actual network nodes/devices are you using?
Going way back i believe there were limitations on both these depending on your setup.
That being said would try Jimmy's suggestion above to try and pinpoint the error. Sounds like its a bad config that is being pushed out.

Hi
Thanks for your reply i already tried the suggession but still getting this error
Even i had configure network node nee rvc also
This is huge customer have something arpund 35 to 40 network node
But this error only in 1 place and client only usong for delivery dispatch module
In 5.2 it was working perfectly fine error starts after upgrade to 5.5 mr3

At this point i would open a case with micros it sounds like is a software defect if you already ruled out everything we mentioned before.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back