Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Micros Gift Card Liability Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.

lachilles

Technical User
Jan 26, 2015
US
Hello,

I have Micros 3700 RES version 5.1 and when I go to run a "gift card liability report" or a "gift card liability by card number" it tells me that the report is not found. I have never ran this report before today. Is there any way I can fix this?

Thank you,

Henry

You use GSS? If so you may need to add the report in reports and autosequences. Or make sure everything is linked in there.

Yes I use GSS. When I run the report I get a white screen saying report not found when I try to run either of those two gift card reports from the autoseq and reports on the back office server pc. Other reports like the system balance reports, payroll and menu item reports run fine and I am able to print them. I just can't view or print the gift card reports.

Henry

Have you ever been able to run them?
Go POSCONFIG, Reporting, and search "GSS GC Liability" or scroll down until you find it. Make sure the report class is set to GSS Standard.
On the bottom make sure it links to the GC LIability report.
Use the ... to find your GC_Liability.rpt.
If you need further help let me know

I tried your steps and got the error message you may not edit system templates.
However, even though I can not edit anything, it does seem to have the right report class and template filename and location already there. It has a location of "D:\MICROS\Res\GSS\Reports\GC_Liability.rpt" which I verified was correct by going to "D:\MICROS\Res\GSS\Reports\" in file Explorer and scrolling down the list of files in that folder until I found the "GC_Liability.rpt" file listed.

So I don't know why the report viewer is saying "Code 10: Report Template file not Found" when I run the Gift Card Liability report if everything is set to the right report class and report file.

Henry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back