Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MICROS FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT IS WORKING IN DEMO MODE 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

texan77479

Technical User
Oct 29, 2008
US
PLEASE HELP!

FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT STARTS IN DEMO MODE.WE HAVE MICROS 3700 WITH 3.2.981726 VERSION.

I WOULD LIKE TO THANK AGAIN EVERYONE WHO HELPED ME ON A PREVIOUS THREAD.

THANKS

TEXAN77479

Check the Enterprise Office tab in the License Manager. There's a 2nd Demo Mode checkbox in the Product Activation Code section. This is for Enterprise Office applications in addition to the main Demo checkbox. Make sure both are unchecked.

HELLO PMEGAN,

THANKS FOR YOUR VALUABLE SUPPORT. UNDER THE PRODUCT ACTIVATION CODE SECTION, THE DEMO MODE IS CHECKED.WHEN I UNCHECKED IT, IT DISPLAYS THAT RELOADIND PLEASE WAIT, THEN THE CHECK MARK COMES BACK TO DEMO MODE.
I TRIED SEVERAL TIMES BUT THE CHECKED MARK COMES BACK.

PLEASE HELP.
THANKS FOR SUPPORT

SINCERELY

TEXAN77479

The first thing I'd do is reboot the server and try it again. Res 3.2 had some flakey problems with License Manager and that may clear it up.

If that doesn't do it try this, (obviously before service starts).

Open the license manager, check the main Demo Mode box save and click Reload.
Go to the enterprise office tab and uncheck the EO Demo mode box. It will pop right back to checked but that's ok.
Now uncheck the main Demo Mode box, save and click Reload.
If the EO Demo Mode is checked, uncheck it, save and click Reload.

If it still isn't working it may be something with the dsm log so give this a shot.
Bring Micros to Off in the control panel.
Open a command window and run this command to stop the dsm service: dsm -stop
Open windows explorer and go to Micros\common\etc. Find dsm.ltf and delete it.
Reboot and try to take it out of demo mode again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back