Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Micros E7 network question

Status
Not open for further replies.

kenhurst

Technical User
Jun 21, 2012
US
A friend of mine bought a restaurant and included were 2 Micros E7 workstations and a remote kitchen printer. It had all the previous restaurants menu ect still installed. They enlisted my help to change it up for them. However I am having difficulty with the networking. Server1 and server2 are what they were named. They both show themselves as active with an active network but not the other machine. I can ping each machine from the command prompt. I have them going to a switch and it shows both machines active. But since it is Windows CE I am a little lost when it comes to networking on that OS. I have made all the menu changes to server2, but since it cant communicate with server1 in Micros it wont ever let the day close.
Any suggestions, I have been working at this for a week or so part time and am bound to get it working!
Thanks for any help anyone can offer...

Leave the network as is, network by DHCP. E7 will communicate with the other workstation based on device name.
To make a device active, make it active on itself. The other will then see that the other workstation is active.

It is set to DHCP and I can ping each workstation.
But in micros on the workstation screen it shows network inactive. Any ideas?

Also any idea how to change the auto sign out feature?
Seems to sign the user out very quickly after an order is placed. Typically only one server at a time so the owner requested I change that but not sure where that resides on the system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back