Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Micros database remote access

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChefEncore

Technical User
Nov 18, 2015
US
Hello! I’ve been using MyMicros for a few years now to update my multi-unit database. I use it primarily for creating and editing records for draft beer. Quarterly we change menus, and I use it to activate, deactivate and create new records for the food menu. The biggest downfall I’ve encountered is when it comes to modifiers. For 98% of the food modifiers, I have multiple SLU’s (NO, ADD, EXTRA, SUB) but i can only assign one SLU from mymicros. To complete what I need, I’d have to enter each modifier up to 4 different times, each with the corresponding SLU. This will create a new record for each, and I don’t get paid by the hour... When we opened our newest location, the onsite Micros tech said the only way would be directly access each local database. I know that micros has systems to ‘dial-in’ for support, but I’m wondering if there is a way for me, as the system owner, to do the same?

Use Logmein or something similar that you can ensure is secure.

Another question - are there any legality issues pertaining to remote access, since credit card info is stored on these computers? Thanks!

Credit card information should not be stored locally...

It has a few weeks of the last 4 digits, as well as transaction amounts. The reason I ask is I vaguely remember a Micros rep telling me that their techs need permission to access the systems, and that our passwords had to be changed every 90 days due to laws concerning credit card information.

You can use a program called Vigilix or Team Viewer that is 2 factor where you have to request a connection then the machine sends you an email or text with the code that gives u access. You can restrict it enough to not worry about pci. Vigilix offers some nice monitoring functions as well as allows you to transfer files to the stores as well if you need to do an update.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back