Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Micros DataBase help

Status
Not open for further replies.

texan77479

Technical User
Oct 29, 2008
US
After removing the viruses, Server is not working properly. tcp/ip setting are corrupted . We tried many methods to restore tcpip settings but no luck. we have a good image of Server which was made in december 2011. How can we restoe DataBase from corrupt hard drive to image hard drive.

Forum members have helped me # of times & I thanked them again for their valuable time.

thanks

Restoring a DB in Micros depends on the version your running. If you can give some more details then I would be glad to help.

Thanks for the reply.

we are using micros version 4.8 with windows xp prks ofessional.

thanks again.

If you have a root kit virus, unless you are an exceptional programmer you will be best to reimage. Once again you need to have a business continuation plan, that means backups, If you have no backups, you need to know if your DB is corrupt or not, and again suggest trying a VM. The advantage of the VM is also that you get to keep trading on the VM as a server while rebuilding the server box

If your running 4.x, and you have a good image at the same version, its just a matter of restoring the DB through DM.

Assuming you had a backup plan in place, You can grab the most current *.mbz file off of the corrupted drive and simply restore it in DM once you have reimaged the server.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back