Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MICROS Agent Service : Error 1067 Quit Unexpectedly

Status
Not open for further replies.

ATadros

IS-IT--Management
Sep 7, 2016
US
Hello All Awesome Teks

I am hoping someone may have input regarding this issue.

Over the weekend iCare and MyMicros went down due to an outage on Oracle Micros eBusiness' side.

All of our locations minus One have recovered and are processing GC's and Coupons just fine.

On the Micros Server for the location thats not working, the Micros Agent Service will not start. I receive an error (attached) stating the service quit unexpectedly Error 1067.

I have restarted the server and even had a Micros tech in our server to take a look. He has no idea.

Thank you in advance for all of your help and support.

Thanks!

http://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=0b7f3a1b-b0df-449b-8cfd-c0f1a5c44249&file=MIcrosAgentServiceError.PNG
Hi ATadros, If you see on the Windows Event Viewer... what do you see?.

MSE

I see an error occurred for NTIdn, service failed to start due to the following error: This driver has been blocked from loading.

I see that Micros Agent service tried to start 11 times and quit unexpectedly each time.

I have 0 experience with Micros but it sounds like a corrupted dll to me. The event viewer may help you narrow it down to the right dll. Easiest solution would be an reinstall to repair.

Hi ATadros. I hope this can help you.

. Micros Portal Service stops immediately after being started - "Error 1067" (Doc ID 1797353.1)

APPLIES TO:
. Oracle Hospitality 9700 - Version 2 and later
. Oracle Hospitality Simphony Cloud Service - Version 2 and later
. Oracle Hospitality Simphony - Version 2 and later
. Oracle Hospitality Simphony First Edition Cloud Service - Version 1 and later
. Oracle Hospitality Simphony First Edition - Version 1 and later
. Information in this document applies to any platform.
. Information in this document applies to any platform.

GOAL
. Micros Portal Service stops immediately after being started - "Error 1067" (Doc ID 1797353.1)

SOLUTION

Here is the PDF Version (Screenshots): Micros Portal Service stops immediately after being started - "Error 1067"

[ol 1]
[li]Press Windows Key + R to open the run prompt.[/li]
[li]Enter the desired information into the Open: field. Enter a valid value e.g. "sysdm.cpl".[/li]
[li]Press [Enter].[/li]
[li]Click the Advanced tab.[/li]
[li]Click the Environment Variables... button.[/li]
[li]Click the JAVA_HOME list item.[/li]
[li]Click the Edit... button.[/li]
[li]Click the File Explorer object.[/li]
[li]Go to the C:\Program Files\Java folder.[/li]
[li]Enter the desired information into the Variable value field. Enter "<Location of the correct JDK folder>".[/li]
[li]Click the OK button.[/li]
[li]Click the OK button.[/li]
[li]Press WIN+R on your keyboard.[/li]
[li]Enter the desired information into the Open: field. Enter a valid value e.g. "services.msc".[/li]
[li]Press [Enter].[/li]
[li]Click the MICROS Portal list item.[/li]
[li]Click the Restart link.[/li]
[/ol]

SYMPTOMS
. Micros Portal service stops immediately after being started - There will be no errors when the service stops -
. You will find generic messages in the System Event Viewer but nothing of use -

Thank you all very much for your responses.

I reinstalled Java, and actually installed the most recent version of it, and I was then able to start Micros Agent service. Gift Cards and coupons are working through iCare/MyMicros again.

Thanks all.

Antoine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back