Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Micros 9700 Credit Card Drivers Failed

Status
Not open for further replies.

toddlarry

IS-IT--Management
Apr 3, 2004
US
I had an instance where the POS server lost power. Once restored all funcionality was returned with the execption of the credit card auth/settle. My VAR sent out a tech, who was unable to determine anything, including what the settings should be. The installer did not record the correct settings in the CA/PMS Config. Micros Corporate, our bank processor and SDC have been unable to assist in restoring. This is the most ridiculous confusion that I have seen.

Does anyone have any ideas? The specifice error is visible on the PCWS as "Credit Card Drivers not installed"

This started at 11am today and has been ongoing for 9 hours and ticking...

Todd - This was my issue...PC Anywhere was my issue for this.

Below is the extract from my case with MICROS>

Case History:
*** Phone Log 02/26/2004 12:18:06 PM bparanich
SITE CONTACT: Dan Candido
SITE NAME: CROWNE PLAZA TORONTO CENTRE
SITE NUMBER: 416-597-1400
PROD/VERS: 9700
ISSUE: CC driver is not loaded.
TROUBLESHOOTING: Looking for an available tech.

*** Notes and Status Change 02/26/2004 12:18:35 PM bparanich Action Type: Notes
416-597-8123 for Dan's direct line.

*** Research Log 02/26/2004 01:47:22 PM bparanich Action Type: Engineering research
Dialed in after Dan reset the pcAnywhere -- he was wondering if the CC and pcAnywhere issue might be tied together.

I reloaded and the NDC driver started right up. The problem seems to be that the pcAnywhere configuration that starts up with the pcAnywhere service uses the same modem port(COM2) that NDC uses. The pcAnywhere connection that Dan started uses a different port (COM3) -- so I deleted all but the 1 pcAnywhere host configuration that we were currently using for dialin.

With this corrected (that bad configurations deleted) -- pcAnywhere won't be interfering with the NDC CC Driver starting up.

*** Case Close 02/26/2004 01:53:55 PM bparanich
Dan confirmed that we can close this case -- but he will be scheduling a reboot to see if this configuration works.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back