Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Micros 5.7 files

Status
Not open for further replies.

keithd21

Technical User
Apr 27, 2017
US
Im currently running 3700 5.7.6.3. Can anyone share any updated versions. I am trying to hook up ws6 terminals everything works fine except idn, serial and mag swiper. Ive tried everything hoping an update will solve this.

Thanks.

Here is 5.7.6.6, which is the last stable version most dealers and Oracle recommends. Subsequent releases were for specific large clients.

Link

Hey, do you happen to have the preceeding release? Id like to update from 5.7.4800 but this hotfix doesn't allow from that build. Would be greatly appreciated!

5.7.4.8 isn't a released version?

5.7.4 goes straight to 5.7.5.

Do you need 5.7.5?

Whatever the next hotfix/patch that allows upgrade from 5.7.6 to 5.7.6.6 would be fantastic. I tried to run this hotfix, but both the application version and DB version were too low to support it. Not sure which builds were released in between 5.7.6 and 5.7.6.6. Thanks much for the assistance!

5.7.6.6 requires 5.7.6 to be installed, so I am confused that this isn't working for you. Are you on Win 10 LTSB?

Alternately, have you tried MyOracle? RES is end-of-life now, so they probably won't want to help too much.

I was looking to try the upgrade from 5.7.6.2 or 5.7.6.5, to see if that helped. I have had zero luck with Oracle Support sadly.

Hmm, are you sure about that? If you are on 5.7.6.2 you could stay with that release as it's pretty stable. How big is your restaurant/how many WS do you have?

Both of those versions will go to 5.7.6.6 easily; here's an excerpt of the release notes:

Screenshot_2024-07-18_at_14.00.18_tv3ny2.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back