Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Micros 4.6.4 to 5.7 Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charles Consagra

IS-IT--Management
Feb 15, 2023
US
Hello everyone, i need some assistance please. i have an older micros res3700 4.6 database that i am trying to pre-convert using the 4xPreConvertTo5x.mcs script. i am logged in as my property expert user in the database manager with full permissions. i try to run the script to update the database and i receive an error that says the script fails to apply to the Db. no other errors in the event manager or the dm.log file it specifies to check in. that's all it says. i got the script on here because the scripts are not included in my res 5.7 iso file. can someone assist me? this is the last step before i can move my db to res 5.7 which is our goal. thank you!

Hello,

Do you the script file? Or assistance?

I have the script file. I'm assuming it's correct. I need assistance with the error

hi its a big jump from 4.6 to 5.7 i advise you to go first 5.4 and than 5.7

contact me via email maybe i can help you cherifbj@gmail.com

looks like i need a copy of the 4.9 install files to up my db from 4.6 to 4.9. cherifbj has been awesome with helping me so far! does anyone have the 4.9 install files for res 3700? even 4.10 would work

Hello, I have the files you need how to share?

Hello, I was able to get my old server up to 4.10 with the help of a friend who had the patch files. I can now run the preconvert script on my server. But, after I run it, which works fine now, and I back up my database and try to restore it on my 5.0 server, I'm getting an error that is telling me that it can't find the password file. Inside the backup it looks like the password file is in there, but it's telling me it can't find it. Is it because it's an mbz and not an mbz5? I'm not sure what should happen after I run the preconvert script and I copy my database over. It won't import into the new database manager. Can someone assist me with this?

Charles, did you try just copy over the micros.db reacreate the log and make the update manualy?

ok heres what i did. i copied over the micros.db file and did a dm -u "path to micros db file"

this is in 5.7 now. because im told i should have no issues going from 4.10 to 5.7 - and yes i ran the preconvert script before i dumped the db.

it tells me that the database failed to rebuild. and to check the dmrebuild.log file.

from the dmrebuild.log file its telling me that there is an sql error: incorrect or missing encryption key.

so i def have a password / encryption key issue that its just not importing it. so i figured id try the backup file again.

now - since the 5.7 database manager expects a .mbz5g4 file - and my 4.10 server dumps a .mbz file, the database manager keeps failing telling me that it cant find the password file in the archive. i figured what the heck, ill just rename the files to what its looking for - so i renamed the db.mbz file to .mbz5g4 and then inside the archive, renamed the MICROSKeyBackup.mbz to an .bz4g4 as well. and what do you know, it told me it restored the password and encryption keys successfully. but - then when it tries to import the database i get the same error - incorrect or missing encryption key in the dmrebuild.log

what a nightmare! - its def something with the encryption key file not importing correctly. i even went and created new encryption keys in the old database manager and then dumped the file again - just to see if there was an issue there. but - i didnt reset the transport key - i wasnt sure if that would break my terminals.

so im stuck good. maybe i should have changed all 3 keys in the dm and exported again, not sure. but its def a problem with the new 5.7 server not importing the encryption keys somehow. when i open that MICROSKeyBackup.mbz in winrar - there is just a registry key file in there. not sure if there should be more?

any help is appreciated! thanks guys. hopefully its something easy and i can get this done soon.

You can try export the user data from previous server registry key an import on your new server.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back