Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Micros 3700 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

nasa321

IS-IT--Management
Jun 15, 2006
US
Hi I have a couple of questions about setting up a Micros 3700 system with three remote terminals.

I'm getting an error that says "no connection with data base enter stand alone mode?" on three remote terminals, but in the micros configuration all the remote computers show up green "ready". I have everything networked through a router and switch and am able to ping all other computers and get online from each remote system. Any advice would be great.

Do I have to use the IDN cable that are with the system or is the cat 5 way ok?

The kitchen printer only has the IDN port, can I buy a serial printer and connect it to the main office computer and have it communicate with the others from there?

Thanks in advance

What kind of workstations are they? Have you run "Netsetup" on them? If not map a drive forom the workstation to "netsetup" on the server and run "setup" on each terminal. Also don't forget to log in on each terminal as "microssvc" password "microssvc" I am assuming that this is a new set up?

Hey,

Thanks for your reply.

They are running Microsoft CE (is this what you were asking?)

We got the systems used. After playing around with them this morning here's what I come up with. It still says "data base.....enter stand alone mode?" if I hit no then it brings up the screen where you can sign in, chose table, go into fast bar etc. If I try to go to procedures on any of the remote machines it will not let me. It brings up an error screen similar to that in internet explorer when a page cannot be found.

All the licensing tabs are green and all of my remote computers show up "Ready" in the config utility. I have all the IP's from the config utility matched up with each workstation IP. Is there some setting in the router maybe? or is this a Micros software issue?

Sounds like you are running Workstation 4's. First try, on the clients, re-configuring CAL. On the cliient get to the windows Start tab, go programs, go Micros, go Recofigure CAL. Pick the appropriate worksation from the list with the right IP, and click save. Let it reconfigure and see if that works. If so do so for the others. Should not be a router issue. Good luck

Are the workstations on the same network as the server? If not,then you will have to configure ODBC.

You should also go into "POSCONFIG" and turn off the option on each workstation that allows it to go into standalone mode. Once you have it working you can turn them back on

Thanks all

Got it working, I was so caught up with something being wrong with the workstations I looked over the fact that the IP on the server didn't match up with the one in Micros config. After changing the Ip on the server the workstations synced right up.

I do have one more question though.

The impact printer for the kitchen uses the Micros IDN. Without running this type of cabling throughout the restaurant is it possible to still use this printer or should I just go with a serial or parallel printer?

What is the range on the serial and parallel cabling?

I used standard cat5 wiring from the terminal that runs the printer to the printer wall jack itself, I think you just need the idn cables from the terminal to the cat5 jack and from the cat5 jack to the printer. I am not sure of the IDN cable pinouts but i think only 4 or 6 of the conductors are used.

More trouble...

Trying to get credit cards to run and keep getting error:

"TAPI Error [-5]"

In Micros config when it asks for IP and port in the settings for the credit cards, I assume it wants the IP of the ISP? but what is the port number?

I can almost guarantee that you are using a MerchantLink driver. Give them a call, they should be able to help you configure their driver -- after all, that is what you are paying them for. I wish I could give you more help.

If they can't help, do a search for "Micros 3700 credit card driver" and you should find additional options. I know there is at least one other driver available and that provider will give you the support you need... ;P

Steve Sommers
Shift4 Corporation --
Creators of $$$ ON THE NET(tm) payment processing services

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back