Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Micros 3700 Void Items From Check 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 17, 2010
US
Hi,

I have a situation at many of our locations (>50) that have some old open checks. Some locations have over 100 of these checks and we are seeing the performance of the terminals suffer as a result.

I have written and application that calls the micros.sp_ForceChkClose stored procedure to close all of the zero dollar checks. My problem is that I still have a lot of open checks that have items on the checks and if I force close them it affects the posted net sales.

Does anyone have any suggestions to write something that will remove all of the items on the checks so I can then send them to the micros.sp_ForceChkClose stored procedure and the net sales will not be affected?

Any direction would be appreciated.

If possible, have a script go through the check and void items off then close to $0.00 cash. As far as doing this from the backend, I don't know if it will work. However, at the workstation you would have to bring up each check then press the button that points to the check, and allow it to clear it off and close it to 0.00. I'm sure others may have a better solution, maybe...

Thanks for the response hosehead78, I am looking for a way to programatically remove the line items from each ticket and then force closing. I dont want the end user to have to intervene. Some of the locations have up to 100 old open checks.

I am thinking maybe I identify the chk_seq from the chk_dtl table and then delete the corresponding line items in the trans_dtl and dtl tables.

Going to wait to see if anyone has any other thoughts before going down that road, any help is appreciated.

Why do you have so many open checks? To balance your books for tax purposes you would need to close these cheques properly with the sold items on them. Why would you be wanting to void the items off these checks and then close the checks? Sorry but something does not sound right.

Its a training issue primarily. Cashiers take a call from a guest inquiring about how much it will cost for them to order certain items. The cashiers will open a ticket, ring up the items and give the guest a total. Instead of voiding everything off, they just hold the check and it remains open. We have found some that are several years old at this point. Some cant be closed by the cashiers because the orginal cashier that created the ticket no longer is employed so they receive an "employee not found" error when they even try to pick them up to close them.

If the items are not voided off before closing them then the daily net sales will be affected by these old bogus transactions.

I appreciate your concern in "something does not sound right" but it is just an issue that exists in our environment.

Does the 3700 have the option to put a Cashier in Training Mode? My thought is to make a Cashier account that is known to all and use it for this purpose only, have the Cashier sign in with this account if it is going to be Price inquiry. Another Option is to setup a workstation with this user on it that only uses the "Training" Cashier account, this way sales do no affect daily operations.

The other option is from this point forward, train the cashiers to cancel a check or void it before walking away. You can also have a Manager/Supervisor close all open checks at the end of a shift or end of each Cashier's shift.

For the existing checks, I'd export them to a spreadsheet and force them closed. Have whoever does the book keeping make the adjustment to net sales in the GL with journal entries explaining the discrepancies. Definitely wouldn't go mucking around in the transaction tables.

Going forward, I'd make sure they don't accumulate like this. I'm assuming a cashier report is run and the drawer balanced at the end of each shift. That report will be run through an autosequence. Make the first step of that autosequence check for open checks and fail with a call to an open check report if any are found.

I always set up end of shift reports this way. People will stop being lazy real fast after the first time they have to close a bunch of checks when they want to go home.

I would assume the cashiers are not servicing these bills when looking for a price total or the kitchen/bar/etc would be making the items and you would realize that pretty quick if on site and put an end to it. I don't believe bills that are not serviced are committed to net sales at the end of day if left open on a screen but as I've never tested I may be wrong. If the bills are serviced then your sales will not balance the next day and you would think your bookkeeper (or whoever is reconciling the days sales) would be chasing people for money to balance. Again that would put an end to things pretty quick I would think. You could also set the end of night to close all cheques and again be out of balance which would flag the bookkeeper/managers to do some timely training.

Hi guys, I have a problem.

I have had over 100 open checks from the year. When I opened them and voided the open checks it affected the results of my net sales. It reduced the voids from my Net Sale.

Does anyone know how I can export my daily report without showing the voids that affected my net sales.

kobiaroma, Overall everything should be correct.
Your sales on the previous days were too high, and the sales today were too low.

If you balance the days the checks were opened vs the day you voided them then you will get zero.

Do you want some custom SIM scripts developed. Contact me via my website

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back