Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Micros 3700 TSYS Change of Service & 3rd Party EMV Hardware Fun Times

Status
Not open for further replies.

Colin518

Technical User
Nov 21, 2018
US
Hi All,
On the off chance someone comes across issues that i have been facing i wanted to describe a few problems and provide my solutions (so far). With any luck someone else will find this helpful or come up with a better solution than I have​

This is an Em environment migrating legacy swipe over from FDMS to TSYS as well as deploying third party EMV hardware. Oracle wants you to set up an "operator user account" within TSYS's merchant center. This user account will handle the processing for your terminals and devices. TSYS sucks in that every 90 days the password needs to be changed for all accounts (they claim its for PCI compliance). This is problematic because if the account gets locked after 90 days the terminals shouldn't be able to process, and theoretical you would need to call TSYS to have them unlock the account, and no one wants to do that. Except TSYS claims they so long as you never need to establish a fresh connection with form a device or terminal, they will still handle processing transactions on a locked account. (thus the sub user operator account requirement) Then i have third party EMV hardware (Pax A920's) that are injected with the same merchant info. But that hardware for some reason does not like the use of SUB operator accounts (even if you give the operator account supervisor privileges) they want to be injected with the Superuser account TSYS first creates for you (beginning TAxxxx) since i want to use one of these accounts to look at batch info and generate reports when needed. I will be actively modifying the password to the TSYS logins every 90 and require the updating of one of the systems. (again no one wants to do that) So i'm going against Oracles recommendation and using the superuser account on the legacy swipe as well as using that for the pax A920s (I suspect oracle only advises against using the superuser account due to the account locking this and reversing the use of the accounts will actually be fine) and i will use the Operator account with elevated privileges for reporting and batch detail. Hopefully this works. Initial testing says yes but who knows.

Happy to go into more detail or chat about this if anyone has questions / advice.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back